- Q: What will it cost to fix my computer?
A: We charge a flat rate of $65.00 + tax, no matter how long it takes to fix your computer. If we have to order parts, we will tell you what the cost of the parts are before completing the work so there are no surprises.
- Q: How long will it take to fix my computer?
A: We can typically fix a computer within 1 business day, so PCs brought in on a Monday are ready to be picked up by Tuesday evening, unless we have to order parts and wait for them to arrive. If this is the case, we will let you know so you can make an informed decision.
- Q: What do I need to bring to you?
A: This depends on which type of computer you have. For instance:
- If you have a laptop, we will need the laptop and the power brick and cord.
- If you have a desktop, we will only need the CPU (or Tower) unless the problem is with one of the connected devices. For instance, if you have a problem with the keyboard, bring us the keyboard. If you have a problem with the LCD display, bring it with you. Otherwise, we just need the tower.
- If you have an All-In-One computer (where the display and the monitor are the same unit) please bring us the All-in-One computer and the power brick and cord.
- Q: Why does my computer run so slow???
A: There are many answers to this question and each one is specific to the computer and the issue you are having. However, generally speaking you could say that computers are advanced machines with many “moving parts”, very much like your automobile or any other piece of useful equipment. With any advanced machine, maintenance is periodically recommended. Over many years we’ve developed techniques for identifying and fixing common problems.
- Q: What about my pictures, documents, etc.?
A: First and foremost, you should know that we are not responsible for any data loss that may be occurring or may occur. Simply put, data accidents happen to even the best of us. A good backup of your data is something you should have. If you don’t have a good way of backing up your data, talk to us and we’ll help! Having said that, we will make our best effort to back up your pictures, documents, videos, etc. before doing any repairs. Most of the time we are successful, but sometimes we discover that your device is in the process of failing. When this happens we have some data recovery tools at our disposal and we’ll make every effort to recover your data, but there are no guarantees. Once we have repaired your computer, we will restore any backups of data we make to your computer back to their original locations if possible.
- Q: Do you keep backups of my pictures, documents, etc.?
A: No. If necessary we will back up your data to a temporary location, like an external hard drive. When we restore your data, we securely erase that hard drive so it is ready (and blank) for the next customer we use that hard drive for. This means your data is effectively gone when we return your computer to you. We will be happy to help you establish a backup hard drive or secure online backup location for your data, but we will never keep your data.
- Q: My passwords and data are sensitive. Will you protect my privacy?
A: Our company policy is to not disclose personal or professional data to anyone unless you authorize us to do so. With that said, if you have sensitive data that should not be seen by others, we’d suggest that you remove it prior to bringing your computer to the repair facility. We are also bound by legal statutes that require us to report activity that is harmful to vulnerable individuals such as minors or the elderly, should knowledge of such events come to our attention. As computer professionals we work closely with law enforcement agencies and will comply fully if compelled by law enforcement to do so.
- Q: Will you come to my house and help me with my computer issues?
A: No, our staff are not authorized to enter personal premises to work on equipment.
- Q: What can I do with my old computer or printer?
A: We will take any computer-related equipment for recycling at no charge.
- Q: I’m a business owner and need computer help. Can you provide help to us?
A: Absolutely, but we do this via our parent organization, Magnus Information Technology. Please click the link to learn more.